Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The refund column in my Display isn't matching to the tax return amounts. Does anyone else have this problem? The ST Refund is fine but the Federal refund isn't correct.

shar1040
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Are you sure you are using Lacerte, as it doesn't 'have' a refund column in display AFAIK.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
shar1040
Level 1

Yes, abctax55, I am using Lacerte. Perhaps you are unaware that you can add columns to the Display under Options - which I have opted to do. One of the said columns that I added was the Refund column. As I said in my original query, the Refund column is not accurate. I have not had this problem in the past few years. It just started with the last software update. Anyone else have this issue?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Having used Lacerte for over 3 decades, yes, I'm aware of changing the display columns.

THAT column isn't dynamic - I don't believe it changes unless you process the file to forms but I've never tried to use it in the manner you are suggesting.

Are you aware you can pop out the actual forms to a second monitor ?  You could have the tax summary showing & monitor the refund that way.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I just played with it (it's Monday a.m. & I don't want to work yet...) and can't get it to change either even by exiting/re-opening the program.  

I wouldn't expect them to fix it though, not in our lifetime 😂

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers