Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I efile a disregarded Oregon LLC? Since there is no valid Federal return the diagnostics stop me there. I efiled this LLC in 2017 but cannot efile 2018

sfhurrell
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I have a similar disregarded SMLLC that has to file in NM to pass mineral withholding up to its owner. I just disable efile error checking and send it off. Been accepted by NM multiple years with no issue.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I have a similar disregarded SMLLC that has to file in NM to pass mineral withholding up to its owner. I just disable efile error checking and send it off. Been accepted by NM multiple years with no issue.

0 Cheers
sfhurrell
Level 2
Thank you. Efiled through Lacerte. I don't have a confirmation yet but first step done. Thank you very much!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

"no valid Federal return" then make it valid. Add $1 interest income to make it valid. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
sfhurrell
Level 2
There is no valid Federal return because there is only one partner
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Then this should be filed through the 1040 module and not partnership.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sfhurrell
Level 2
This LLC is owned by another LLC.  The primary reporting is on a 1065
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
And there are 2 or more members on the 1065?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sfhurrell
Level 2
The primary 1065 has 4 partners. It then solely owns this smaller LLC because the mortgage holder had some crazy requirement.  This smaller LLC has one partner, the primary LLC.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Is there a check mark in screen 1 to e-file federal? If so, remove it. What is the OR form you are filing?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
sfhurrell
Level 2
No go
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Since I don't do Oregon or Lacerte, did you have to perform any kind of gymnastics last year to get it to e-file?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers