Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Franchise

roz2
Level 4

In the last 2 days I have filed 3 TX Franchise returns (with an individual 1040) with Web file numbers that we have verified are good and Lacerte has failed all three, saying the Web file number is not correct.  Yes, the number is good, it even passed last year with the same web file number. I think there is a glitch in the program. I have faxed 2 and now it looks like I may fax 3 but I think something is wrong with your program at this point. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
JJC1
Level 2

We have experienced the same issue yesterday and today.  Rejects due to "incorrect Webfile number" when it's the same number we have used in prior years.  Talked with Lacerte support and they say it is a program issue on their end but no additional info and no timeline for a fix.  Does anyone else have additional information on this problem?

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

JJC1 - I did file an S-Corp on Saturday April 4, and it passed.  I think it maybe with the 1040s.  I have tried again today and we will see if it is fixed.

0 Cheers
JJC1
Level 2

Yes, looks like the issue is with the 1040 module.

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

I had another one fail today. (1040)  Are they repairing it.  These returns filed electronically last year.  I checked with the State Comptroller and all of the Web File numbers are good.  This needs to be fixed immediately.  I will call Lacerte tomorrow. 

0 Cheers
JJC1
Level 2

I will call again today, too.  This needs to be addressed.  I am surprised more people aren't posting about it.

roz2
Level 4

I just talked to Claudia (Lacerte) - excellent by the way, and she has alerted technical support because she has documentation from my file that the program is not picking up the Web File # and they will begin fixing the issue. She was able to determine that it took place with the April 1 or 2nd update. Claudia will notify me when they have it fixed and we will be able to file the TX FR electronically again for those 1040.  She isn't sure how long that will take, but it is now on their radar screen. This will help you too, JJC1.

msc1099
Level 1

Thank you for the update! I was just about to call myself. I'm up to 9 Texas franchise rejections since April 1st!

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

This is what I received. They moved it. But left it for us to copy and paste.  Maybe others got this message.

You spoke to Claudia regarding an unexpected behavior experienced in Intuit Lacerte. We promised to send you periodic updates on case number [social security number removed] to keep you informed. Below is the latest update:

We have reviewed the reported issue for Texas E-File returns encountering a rejection due to Missing WebFile number when the number is present on Screen 4.4.

This is the result of a change to Lacerte in order to support multiple LLC filings from a single return.

The input for the WebFile number has been moved to screen 54.431, and can be entered for each Texas filing.

We did not remove the input fields in 2019 due to this being a mid-year change. This also allows you to quickly copy and paste the number from Screen 4.4 to screen 54.431 for the applicable TX filing.

The input in screen 4.4 will be removed for Lacerte 2020.

No further updates are scheduled for this Investigation. This will be our final communication for case number [social security number removed]

We thank you for your patience.
Intuit Customer Success

0 Cheers
Duane
Level 1

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem. Several Texas Franchise were being filed properly earlier, as in past years.  But now every individual Texas Franchise is rejected due to lack of security information.  Very frustrating. 

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

Duane, Here is your fix. This happens only with the 1040 Individual return if you have not put the TX Web file number in the NEW LOCATION. (Screen 54.431)  In the detail tab for TX Franchise (State & Local Screen 54.) the first page Texas Miscellaneous on left tool bar scroll down and there is another place to put the Web file number.  If you put in on the new screen you will not receive the error and it will file.  However if you are trying to file 2 TX FR returns for the same person you cannot. It looks like you can, you can enter the information, you can even see them both listed when you try and e-file, but they fail.  I am hoping whoever is in charge of approving multiple TX FR returns for different LLC's will fix this soon.

KristiI
Level 1

Thank you Roz2! It would be nice if Lacerte's diagnostic would point us to this new entry area. Better yet, it would be nice if they could migrate the existing information to the new location. I filed at least two manually, because I could not figure out what was wrong inside of Lacerte. I emailed them about this two months ago and never heard back. Again, thank you, Roz2!

0 Cheers
Allison Nall
Level 1

I have had the same issue in the 1040 module. I filed one Texas Franchise return at a time. I efiled the first Texas Franchise and waited for it to be accepted, then went back and efiled the second Franchise return. I have done this for a few of our clients in lacerte and it has worked every time. Hope this helps!

0 Cheers

Yes, every one of my Texas franchise returns for partnerships and corporations are being rejected saying they didn't pass validation. However, I've done everything and we've used the same webfile number for years.

Realized recently that several from last year did not go through either.

0 Cheers