Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxpayer & Spouse in Link

brettlin
Level 3

How do we go about setting up client on Link when there is a married couple? I cannot see how to add multiple email address to the client folder for it to link back to the Lacerte software?

Main trouble I've run into is the husband is listed as the taxpayer in Lacerte but the wife is handling all of the tax work and document uploading. The email invite only goes to the taxpayer when I invite through Lacerte.

Thanks.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
kai
Level 1

I also have this question!

At our firm, not only have we experienced this issue when dealing with spouses, but also we can't "CC" ourselves on the email and we would like to be able to do so. This way we have a record in email of the communication. But no luck so far in finding an answer or solution!

itonewbie
Level 15

@brettlin wrote:

How do we go about setting up client on Link when there is a married couple? I cannot see how to add multiple email address to the client folder for it to link back to the Lacerte software?

Main trouble I've run into is the husband is listed as the taxpayer in Lacerte but the wife is handling all of the tax work and document uploading. The email invite only goes to the taxpayer when I invite through Lacerte.

Thanks.

Link is not designed to work with more than one taxpayer.  The only thing possible is to set up the taxpayer's email address with the spouse's if the spouse will be the primary contact for data gathering.  Not ideal but that's your only option for Link until Intuit decides to change how it works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@kai wrote:

I also have this question!

At our firm, not only have we experienced this issue when dealing with spouses, but also we can't "CC" ourselves on the email and we would like to be able to do so. This way we have a record in email of the communication. But no luck so far in finding an answer or solution!

Not getting a copy of the correspondence sent from Link is only of the biggest drawback that was brought to Intuit's attention years ago but they don't see that as a priority.  For that reason, we would either (1) copy and paste the message before it is sent from Link to a text file for our own records with date and time manually entered or (2), better still, forego using messaging from Link altogether and revert to good ol' fashion email instead.

For most professionals, let along one that is compliance-centric like ours, having copies of all pertinent correspondence is important.  It is not unclear why Intuit does not understand this, being in business themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers