Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite dish

Highlighted
Level 2
I am considering moving to a rural community where there is no cable TV. Does anyone use a satellite dish for internet to file returns?
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

I don't use satellite internet but have read people debating either way.  I suppose nothing on the internet is fool-proof.  So long as you are going with a reputable provider, with a sound governance and security management in place, you would just take the usual measures to protect your internet traffic, which should include the use of VPN, firewall, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

No cable?  Are you moving to Mayberry? Smiley Wink

Why don't you check with some of the local folks to see how a satellite dish works for them in the community?

I want to stay healthy so I am social distancing from Intuit.
Highlighted
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

No cable?  Are you moving to Mayberry? Smiley Wink

Personally, I'd ask Andy.  Gomer is nice but I'm not sure if he'd be of much help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Floyd is who you want to talk to.  We all know a barber is a wealth of information.

I want to stay healthy so I am social distancing from Intuit.
Highlighted
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Floyd is who you want to talk to.  We all know a barber is a wealth of information.

And that's the plain truth!

Still an AllStar