Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate creditials on year 2016 for Lacerte

tom2
Level 1

When logging into 2016 Lacerte, I get a message "Unable to validate your online credentials."

My credentials have changed since 2016.

Since I cannot get logged into the 2016 Lacerte files, I cannot access the client files.

How do you update a past years credentials?

Thomas Townsend

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

Download a new prep file for 2016 and place it in the 2016 folder. You can do that for any of the other years. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
bcbltd
Level 1

Your response to previous question was to download new prep file and put it in 2016 folder.  If I cannot log into the 2016 program, how can I download a new prep file, etc.  Where do I get the new prep file and what password do I work with - the current one?  I have no idea what password was used for 2016.  You have me totally confused.

Barry B.  [phone number removed]

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@bcbltd 

You should Edit your reply and remove your phone number from this public internet forum, to avoid being spammed and scammed.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
George4Tacks
Level 15

@bcbltd Remove your phone number. This is not Lacerte support, just a public community open to all in the world.

You can download all years prep file from any tax year. If you have 2019, you can update from Settings > Update Preparer File. OR you can log onto your account with Lacerte and download the program and prep files there. Lacerte password is the same for all years. 

If you are really some other software you may have to post at another forum, such as https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/home/misc/03/en-us

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

You download your prep file from your Lacerte "MyAccount" - you don't download it directly from the program.

And the prep file doesn't control the splash screen that pops up when logging in to the program.

ARE you using Lacerte, as George asks?

And oh yeah, remove that phone number unless you want your law office inundated with garbage calls in the a.m.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Hi @bcbltd,

We noticed that your post included your phone number. We removed this from your post to protect your information. 

As a reminder, this forum is available to all customers and is not a direct channel to support. To reach one of our product support teams, please see this article; https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/contact-us/00/4624

Cheers! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers