Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper return with electronic payment

Ruth1
Level 4

Sadly, I need to change a good deal of my returns to paper file. I still want the money to move electronically but Lacerte will say " your payment will be automatically deducted" and it also says "make your check payable to" on the letter. The bank information is not carrying through to my state return MA on page 4 of the return.  I have tried a myriad of ways to affect this on the appropriate screen but to no avail. Can anyone help? Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You cant schedule a direct debit on a paper filed return.  The bank info only prints on the paper return if its a refund and direct deposit is chosen.

I'm guessing if you take the direct debit info out of the return, then the letter will be worded properly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You cant schedule a direct debit on a paper filed return.  The bank info only prints on the paper return if its a refund and direct deposit is chosen.

I'm guessing if you take the direct debit info out of the return, then the letter will be worded properly.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ruth1
Level 4

Thank you kindly.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You appear to not be alone, maybe @IntuitBettyJo can find out.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/re-client-cover-letter/01/917...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Ruth1
Level 4

Thank you!

0 Cheers