Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge 2 clients

laurelb1
Level 2

We have 2 clients who have gotten married.  Is there any way to merge these two clients into one tax return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. Pick the most complicated one and manually add the other's info.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. Pick the most complicated one and manually add the other's info.

Ex-AllStar
laurelb1
Level 2

That is what I thought.  Thank you!!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

AND, triple check that everything is coded correctly as taxpayer vs spouse (W-2's, Sch C's, Sch E's, carryovers.....)  

Been there, done it wrong before 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
loveJenni
Level 1

There doesn't happen to be some report or summary I could print that has every piece of info on a client in one place? I notice that the Contents screen marks in BOLD the screens that have any info entered. I hope there is a printable summary so I could check off with a pen as I manually enter the info into the other spouse's file? Or will I need to bounce back and forth between files to make sure I got everything?

I suppose the organizer would be better than nothing, but it's so many pages and doesn't seem to have all the checkboxes and such... just hoping for something more comprehensive and compact. Ideas?

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Input sheets? Still gonna have so many pages, because there are so many pages of potential input.

loveJenni
Level 1

Ooooh, I like those, good idea. I suppose I can print to pdf and have that open on one half of my screen and Lacerte open on the other side. Thank you!