Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte

wobby1
Level 1

I keep getting "program not responding" as I entering data, brand new computers with Windows 10, anyone having this issue?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would do a force install https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lacerte...

Assuming you are stand alone, step 2 has poorly entered " marks you would use

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lacerte Shared\websetup19.exe/FORCE

for the 2019 return

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
steven
Level 5

Yes, seeing this too.

R U standalone or network?

0 Cheers
Doc
Level 2

Yes, same situation with our new computer and software. It happened a lot when we first started using 2019. We have it happen much more when we go back 2018 Lacerte.

0 Cheers
LaurieC
Level 2

Yes problem constantly with program not responding.  

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Editing the Windows Registry - not for the fainthearted

In Windows 10 when the database is on a windows server, such as Server 2008, 2012 or later and when the group policy is used to map network drivers, the following issues may occur:

• When Lacerte logs a user out for inactivity, the program locks up or hangs at the login screen.
  • The Lacerte client list is duplicated by whichever client is at the top of the client list. (This is a refresh issue and data nor clients are lost.  Closing and re-opening the program will correct the issue.)
  • The appointment manager fields on the client are blank. (This is a refresh issue and data nor clients are lost.  Closing and re-opening the program will correct the issue.)
  • Lacerte loses it connection to the network drives. The following message appears: The shared system file path is currently not available.  You have been disconnected from the network.  The Lacerte program cannot start without a valid system file path.  Would you like to work offline using the options and settings on this computer?
  • DMS will freeze up somewhere around every 90 minutes.

Full Help link ↓

Lacerte or DMS Stops Responding or Freezes in Windows 10

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
steven
Level 5

While I believe that this fix is more for running the setup program (the path in WebSetup specifically) it also does reference running the Lacerte program.

Lacerte Setup Cannot Find Network Drive

User FIDO 61
Level 8

Recommendations from Intuit in this link include settings for Network Adapters, Offline File Caching/Sync, Network Drive Disconnects, Idle Timeouts, Windows 10 Background Policy

Common Settings for Lacerte System Administrators

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
steven
Level 5

Please also see this indirectly related post where this and other links to "Lacerte Fixes" are discussed.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/re-w19tax-exe-fatal-applicati...

I really can not tell what is fixing what, though believe that Anti-Virus path exceptions are extremely import.  If supported, this is typically buried in the advanced setup for your product.  

FWIW, we are using ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.2.2055 which has the ability to import an exception list from a text file.  (Business line product) This makes it real easy to configure.  Otherwise its entering exception line by line, a tedious process.

0 Cheers