Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte letter due date changes....

Audrey46
Level 2

I am wondering if Lacerte is going to change dates to July 15, 2020 for 2019 returns.  If we have to change the date ourselves, is Lacerte going to provide instructions as to how to accomplish this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I fully expect a usable update by Bastille Day. Viva la 🇫🇷 Revolution!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

24 Comments 24
sfmeliss
Level 3

They have been silent on this and haven't put out any notice or e-mail even giving an idea when it might happen.  It's ridiculous, as CCH, a competitor tax software, has sent out e-mails and will be updating their software this weekend.   I have called Lacerte multiple times and they said they can't give a date.  

George4Tacks
Level 15

A release is scheduled for today, but has not yet happened. Some states were updated today, but no federal update. 

The best Lacerte seems to be able to do is post things here https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-news-and-updates/discussion/02/202 that do not seem to be very helpful. 

BUT I do see that you have two pretty magenta badges in your profile. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/38679/page/1 I am so wonderfully pleased with this new forum that has badges and broken links. 😝

sfmeliss
Level 3

And today, 3/27/2020, still no update and still no information from Lacerte about when that will happen.  Maybe the 31st, who knows, not good.   

George4Tacks
Level 15

I fully expect a usable update by Bastille Day. Viva la 🇫🇷 Revolution!

Audrey46
Level 2

LMAO....thanks

Audrey

0 Cheers
Audrey46
Level 2

Very intelligent man....except he didn't live through the last 3 years when paid them and got nothing!  Trump was the only one who did anything and he didn't even take a check for all the late nights and hard work.   VIVA LA TRUMP!

A.

abctax55
Level 15

delete

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
tfpcpa
Level 2

Don't hold your breath waiting.  All the money we pay for this program and they don't respond to questions.  I asked them a month ago why the program erased a client file (my son's) and got a response that had nothing to do with the question. 

Lacerte if you are listening - don't raise fees again as your are lame at responding.

sfmeliss
Level 3

Unclear why they are showing this as "solved" when there has been NO communication from Lacerte about when they are doing update.  They do realize they can send out information about timeline without doing an update so that everyone is not guessing and wondering, right?  

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's marked as solved because the Bastille Day time frame worked for Audrey.  

Intuit doesn't like giving anticipated dates just in case they don't make that date.  People then get antsy and start calling support ------------------------- as opposed to giving no clue and that way people don't get antsy or call support 😕

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"THEY" aren't showing anything solved.

The OP marks an answer solved if they are so inclined.

WHY Audrey picked George's answer as a solution is beyond me (altho, it is a funny answer 🙂

( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15
It is a clear and perfectly logical answer. I do expect Lacerte will do this "upgrade" before 7/15. Bastille Day is one day before 7/15 (Unless France closes that down due to Covid19)
But I did hear that some called Lacerte, after visiting the barber after talking with the barkeep and they were told it would be TOMORROW!
WOW it might happen mañana!!!!

Mrsheth
Level 2

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!  

0 Cheers
squonkgenesis
Level 1

Keep politics out of this forum!  I don't need to see your political position.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@squonkgenesis wrote:

Keep politics out of this forum!  I don't need to see your political position.

I'll vote for that 😁

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
tfpcpa
Level 2

ignore ignorant people!

0 Cheers
Audrey46
Level 2

Good.  But I was told to override the date.

0 Cheers
Mrsheth
Level 2

Yes you are

0 Cheers
Mrsheth
Level 2

Sorry, it just hit me wrong when someone told me to "take a chill pill" and then posted "ignorant ignorant people"  I should have overlooked that for what it was.  Have a blessed and health day everyone!!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think I need more than a chill pill, does anybody have anything stronger that they can share with me?  This post is slowly slipping into the Twilight Zone. 😕

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I long for the olden days, when a post could be locked. 

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Unfortunately, they used that lock on the barn door 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
tfpcpa
Level 2

I have a case of wine!

tfpcpa
Level 2