Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to file an individual return with zero income?

saraharcher9
Level 1

I am getting a lot of calls from people who want to file so they can receive the stimulus checks. Some of them say they have zero income, can I file a return for them if this is the case?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

No.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

No.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

But now that I think of it, tell them, yes you can.  But don't tell them that your fee is $1201 until the return is done.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

But now that I think of it, tell them, yes you can.  But don't tell them that your fee is $1201 until the return is done.

A result of the CARES Act?  Confirming Accountants Remain Economically Secure...

abctax55
Level 15

And *we* are getting tons of questions here asking the SAME thing.  Might I suggest reading some of them?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

@abctax55 wrote:

And *we* are getting tons of questions here asking the SAME thing.  Might I suggest reading some of them?

So it's more like Can't Anyone Read Everything Said?

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Rick, I love your acronyms.   🙂

rbynaker
Level 13

@TaxGuyBill wrote:

Rick, I love your acronyms.   🙂

I'm thinking maybe if I keep this up it'll get me a ticket to the nut house.  Where I . . . Could Actually Receive Extra Sleep.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You mean this isn't the nut house?

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

@sjrcpa wrote:

You mean this isn't the nut house?

If it isn't, it is getting there fast.  It sounds like every whackadoodle out there is trying to see what is the best angle to get the most "free" cash and how they can get it yesterday.  I'm ready to self quarantine in a nice quiet cave just to get away from this Looney Tunes episode.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers