Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to arrange direct deposit for an 1120. I completed the info requested in screen 4.1, but the letter hasn't changed nor has form 8050 become active.

steve17
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

1 - is the refund being applied to next year's estimate? If so there is no refund.

2 - For Direct Deposit  you need to check the first TWO boxes, then do bank name, rtn and acct # and type of account. Missing one item will mess it up. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
steve17
Level 1

Still doesn't work for this client, although I successfully got it to work on another

Wondering if there's an override that's preventing it from working 

0 Cheers
JeriR
Level 2

I have the same problem (2019 corporate FYE 9/30/20).  I correctly checked both of the first two boxes on screen 4.1 and input the bank information properly.  I see the Form 8050 with the correct information, but the letter does not indicate the refund will be direct deposit!  I spoofed the CA estimate paid to force an overpayment....and the letter correctly indicates the direct deposit of the overpayment.  Any help here?

0 Cheers
DUDE1
Level 2

Me too....can't get 8050 to be active on 1120 refund.  State is working fine.  No diagnostic is present either.  1st two boxes checked as well as routing and account #s.  

0 Cheers
Liz3
Level 1

Same problem in Corporate return for 2020.  All fields complete for direct deposit, but no elected result.  Form 8050 is complete but not generated automatically, client letter does not read "refund will be direct deposited", and notes paper check when validating efile.

Please fix.

0 Cheers