Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit email template initially sent by intuit link to Clients?

jesteban
Level 2

Hi,

We are just wondering how do we edit this template that is being sent initially to the client, we would like to customize this to our own verbatim. We already tried editing the custom invitation email however it was not reflected when the client received the email. 

Invite.png

TaxInfo.png

Thanks in advance for your help ^_^

I am a human being.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

That's because you are sending the invite to an existing client who had already accepted the Link invite previously.  In this case, a different email template is used to notified your client that the checklist has been updated with new item(s).

Don't believe you can choose a different template to use or edit the message for existing clients if you send it from within Lacerte.  But if you log into Link for Accountants, you can create your own templates for client notification under Firm Settings > Email Templates > +New Template.

Whenever you create a new request and click on the button to send it (i.e. not Send Without Email), you can then choose which template to use and edit the content as you see fit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

That's because you are sending the invite to an existing client who had already accepted the Link invite previously.  In this case, a different email template is used to notified your client that the checklist has been updated with new item(s).

Don't believe you can choose a different template to use or edit the message for existing clients if you send it from within Lacerte.  But if you log into Link for Accountants, you can create your own templates for client notification under Firm Settings > Email Templates > +New Template.

Whenever you create a new request and click on the button to send it (i.e. not Send Without Email), you can then choose which template to use and edit the content as you see fit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
jesteban
Level 2

Just want to personally thank you for this prompt response.

I am a human being.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @jesteban! Smiley Happy

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
machatz
Level 3

@itonewbie Is there a way to specifically change the keyword used in the salutation in a Link invite?  Dear [CLIENTNAME] greets our clients by their entire first and last name.  If I'm on a first name basis with JOHNATHAN H. DOE I'd prefer that an automated email still greet them in the same way that I would; i.e. "Dear John," 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@machatz wrote:

@itonewbie Is there a way to specifically change the keyword used in the salutation in a Link invite?  Dear [CLIENTNAME] greets our clients by their entire first and last name.  If I'm on a first name basis with JOHNATHAN H. DOE I'd prefer that an automated email still greet them in the same way that I would; i.e. "Dear John," 

Unfortunately, these are hardcoded and can't be changed.  You may like to use notations such as <First Name> so that you and your team members are reminded to manually update that "field" before sending the message.

Still an AllStar