Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 6252 IRS rejection

Jlowtexas
Level 1

I am getting an IRS rejection when I e-file a certain return with form 6252.  I have compared it to others that were filed and accepted and the input fields are identical.  The message references the Installment Sale Property Type Code (which I chose from the list).  Is a recent update causing this problem?  All required fields are populated with the correct numbers from the original sale.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen a couple of these today posted in here..... @IntuitAustin can you check into this one?  I think the update yesterday had some unintended consequences.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
navy
Level 2

I agree. It worked last week, but not tonight. Doesn't seem to matter which of the 4 codes we use.

How 'bout a little help from Lacerte?

IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Lacerte version 0330 and 0401 have a defect where returns with form 6252 may be rejected by the IRS. Development is investigating the issue. An update will be posted with more information once one is available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
MaryA
Level 1

Thanks Lacerte.  I'm having the same problem.  No matter what code I enter, there's a reject. 

0 Cheers
MaryA
Level 1

Having same problem.

0 Cheers
richnitz
Level 2

Same problem. Come on Lacerte.

0 Cheers
MaryA
Level 1

Come on Lacerte.  We have clients that are ready to e file and can't because of a "code".  Seems like a pretty easy thing to fix; especially by a developer.

Why wasn't there a diagnostic on this before I go ahead and e file.  And now have a reject.  Might have been a work around before getting a reject?

E file sometimes more delaying and counterproductive than just paper filing in the first place. 

0 Cheers
Trkcpa
Level 1

Still rejecting e-file for installment sale as of 4/9, even with a code.  

0 Cheers
Jlowtexas
Level 1

Any news on the fix for the 6252 rejection?  Only option otherwise is to paper file and my client would like to see their over-payment refunded as soon as possible.

0 Cheers