Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error exception 19 exit customer support 2hrs + REALLY

michele
Level 7

Any one else having problems with customer support. Fatal error no one in the office can work. NO the forced  reinstall does not work for this.

I haven't renewed yet you would think after 10 years with Lacerte customer support would be better. This year has been terrible.

thx

Michele

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
navy
Level 2

Don't want to talk about the fatal error exception...want to talk about the lack of ANY support for the last couple of weeks. I might as well be calling the fire hydrant on the corner out here. Am absolutely SICK of the "on hold" music! Either answer the phone or shut off the music!

navy
Level 2

10 years?? I've been with them 22 years and am about ready to bail!

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I feel your pain!  I've had the same issue since Friday afternoon.  I tried the forced reinstall also with no results.  I'm dead in the water.  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

At the risk of being yelled at.... there WAS a Windows update last week.  

Perhaps review whether that update installed correctly.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
pamdory
Level 8

I'll check that out, thanks.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Hope it works....

(I hate to say I'm not having any issues; but the Windows update DID mess with some settings/desk top icons/etc for me.  And I've heard on other list-serves that the update has issues).

CAN you try a system restore to a date prior to the latest Windows update - *that* is about the extent of my IT knowledge.

Good luck.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
pamdory
Level 8

Thanks abctax55 .  

Yeah, it appears the Windows update didn't solve any issues, or create any new ones.  

Guess I'll just sit here and wait for support to get around to me....

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

So it's fixed.  I couldn't tell you exactly what the problem was, but it took running the CL pack a couple of times.

After 90 on hold I got an excellent support person who solved the issue pretty quickly.

michele
Level 7

on hold first time 2 1/2 hrs. thought it was  fixed. Usually do the call back but they never called to had to call them.

Not good for business when you have to send clients home when you can't work the program. I have asked for email instructions on correcting this fatal error since this is the 6th time this year. But they seem to be reluctant  to give those out. Is this suppose to encourage all of us with network servers and full staff to go to the cloud. I don't think so. It makes you look for a different program

Now still on hold  2 1/2 hrs again

0 Cheers
michele
Level 7

Thanks for the info but I am thinking that it is probably not windows update since

this is I believe the 6th time it may be more I will have to check

0 Cheers
missytax29
Level 1

I agree, this year has been the worst!  Yesterday I waited for 1 hour and 40 minutes and finally hung up.  Today it has been going on 2 1/2 hours.  They need to bring back online support!  We pay way too much $$$ for service that under provides.

0 Cheers