Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esignature

BobYCPA
Level 2

I completed a return and requested esignature from taxpayers.  Esignature was completed and sent back.  Before I could submit the return taxpayers received Form 1065-K1.  Reduces the tax liability on the return by over $1,000.  How do I cancel the completed esignature and request a new esignature?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobYCPA
Level 2

Once the client has completed the esignature request, the void option is removed from the "actions" tab on the esignature dashboard.  I ended up calling Lacerte support.  Apparently we are able to just request a new esignature in the "actions" tab.  The support rep walked me through it and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
User FIDO 61
Level 8

I've never used ESig, but looks like there's a Void Action mentioned in this Help link ↓

New ESignature Dashboard in 2019 Lacerte

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
michele
Level 7

yes go to your dashboard and void the one you sent. before you send a new one

Michele

0 Cheers
BobYCPA
Level 2

Once the client has completed the esignature request, the void option is removed from the "actions" tab on the esignature dashboard.  I ended up calling Lacerte support.  Apparently we are able to just request a new esignature in the "actions" tab.  The support rep walked me through it and it worked.

0 Cheers
joebutch
Level 1

What you didn't tell us was "how" to do it.  

Go to efile tab (ProSeries Basic) Highlight the return to request a new eSignature request. Click on eSignature on upper left menu, drop down shows "request", click on that and follow instructions.  Did this by SWAG method.

0 Cheers