Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-file wizard does not permit re-efiling after program update

emcpa
Level 2

The initial e-file of a return was rejected due to "Failed Transmission" caused by the need for a Lacerte update. (A submission number was assigned.) After the update was installed, the attempt to re-efile shows the efile Wizard's "select" screen with the Fed and State returns preceded by a black check box and the "Next" button grayed out (inoperable), i.e., you can't reach the validation box. Yes, the return was recalculated before the attempt to re-efile. Any idea what's going on?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you try to use the E-file > e-file support tools > (1st try remove from queue) (next, if 1st fails, Reconcile Acks Received)

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
emcpa
Level 2

Yes, I tried both items, even though (as I expected) the queue was empty and there were no acks received (first efile of the season). Do you have an idea of what the support tool "Clear Return.../Return" option might do?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Clear the return ERASES the e-file. 

One more try - Sign onto your "My Account' and search by SSN. 

Last resort would be the clear. I think it would be worth calling Support. I believe the open in about 1 hour.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
ED7-CE
Level 1

I can sympathize with you. I have a Scorp return ready to file and validated be e-wizard and when I send I get a message that problem occurred executing EF submission. Task was cancelled with no error code or any way to fix it. Have called 3 times ,no resolution and now tell me someone will get back to me in a week. Great service. I am very frustrated with Lacerte and feel they have program bugs that they are not even aware of. 

0 Cheers
emcpa
Level 2

Called customer support: Despite the "Failed Transmission" diagnostic, the return WAS efiled and accepted! However, because of the second unsuccessful e-file the usual acknowledgements were overridden (never received). The submission ID fortunately was placed (by the program) on the 8879. Was on the phone with a good Lacerte systems person for over an hour trying to get the acks. No luck.

0 Cheers
emcpa
Level 2

I was lucky enough to get a good Lacerte analyst. Even though the original "e-file Activity Report" showed a transmission failure, she made me look at the dropdown list item "Condensed Activity" (as opposed to "Complete Activity") which showed the return was actually accepted by the IRS & state. However, the usual Acknowledgment Letter was nowhere to be found at the time. Then, today it materialized. Will wonders never cease? Bottom line - I'll make sure to install updates before any and all e-filing. Good luck!