Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Tab

roz2
Level 4

Is there a way I can adjust the width of the columns with out reorganizing the sort?  Every time I adjust  the width it sorts to that column.  I am trying to adjust the width, not resort the list.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Options > In the grey area to the right, remove the check mark for "Automatically adjust column widths", Click OK

Now click the vertical bars dividing things and stretch or contract to your heart's desire. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
roz2
Level 4

George,

Thanks for your reply, and I have done that, but my problem is whenever I do want to adjust the column it also sorts using that column to sort.  I don't want to sort I only want to adjust the column.  No matter how hard I try to click just on the line it sorts by the column too. Try it and see if it sorts when you try and adjust the column.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

When you mouse over the vertical bar you should see two more vertical bars appear, then and only then do you click. That should grab the bar to slide right or left. 

roz2
Level 4

George,

I have tried about 10 times to do exactly what you said and waited for the lines to appear and then I click and draw the lines in or out and it sorts each and every time I adjust the width. Can you do it without sorting?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am pretty sure I used to be able to do that, but it appears I can not. It is relatively simple to go back to the column you want sorted and just click the top. 

I can see that it is annoying. Maybe @IntuitBettyJo could ask support to look into being able to adjust column width and NOT sort that column when you do it.

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

Thanks George.  It is sometimes great to know it just isn't YOU! I had others in the office  test, so I was not the only one. I am glad you had the same experience. I will email BettyJo.  Yes I know how to sort again, but it is a little frustrating to do that each time.  I may be needing to adjust my margins more than most because of e-filing and e-filing amended returns. And yes I think we were able to do it before, when you moved the entire column to the front position to sort by that column. 

0 Cheers
roz2
Level 4

George,

When I click on the link for BettyJo I cannot find how to leave a message, only how she has responded to others.  Is there a special way to contact her?

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @roz2 , 

Here's an article that may be able to assist you, it has a walkthrough on How to change your Display Columns

Hope that helps! 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers