Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-Forma Problem

Ran Pro-Forma all returns 2018-2019 and saw no errors but none of the clients are in 2019 in any of the programs. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I solved it. This was a transfer to new computer. I did 2018 over again and installed it. Did the pro-forma of all clients to 2019. Then installed 2019 and launched and all of the clients populated in all of the modules. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

First - In 2019 do Client > Update database. That may make them appear. If not:

Go back to 2018 and start the proforma again for any client. In the 3rd step you will see Client data destination directory. Note that and exit. Now go to 2019 and press F10 and in the 1st tab, look down the list to find Data path. Make sure those two paths are the same. If not,  repeat the proforma. Also go to the path you did the transfer to and delete that data to save drive space. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Thanks but it didn’t work. The update client database is grayed out. The data path is the same.  When I pro-forma again it asks to overwrite as they’re there. I’m lost and can’t do any work now. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

It may be as simple as clicking the top of the left column labeled Views. Click All Clients?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Unfortunately NG. I'm looking in Idata/detail and it's blank also, no files at all. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Search for just ONE of your client's file name.  See what the path is...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

How and where?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Open *file explorer*.  

Select the drive you want to search (generally *C* - unless you have a server) 

Over to the right, type in the Client Number of one of your clients.

Hit enter, let it churn a bit - depending on how much info you have on your drive.

Soon will appear a list of all the file with THAT client number.

Look for XXXXX.ID9... beneath that will be be data path showing where your proforma'd files are.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

Thanks for the follow-up and instructions. Nothing found on that search. When I pro-forma from 2018 it asks if I want to overwrite 2019 client files. Somehow something is there. I see they start support on Sundays today. Probably be swamped.

0 Cheers

I solved it. This was a transfer to new computer. I did 2018 over again and installed it. Did the pro-forma of all clients to 2019. Then installed 2019 and launched and all of the clients populated in all of the modules. 

0 Cheers