Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Filter on 2019 Individual showing: AND AND AND Can't see clients!

Maureen945
Level 2

I think there may be an investigation going in Lacerte regarding this....

Anyone else having this serious issue where you can't see your Individual Clients in 2019 Lacerte because the Pre-Filter is stuck on "AND AND AND"?  Have they figured it out yet?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

I don't see this problem. Often you can cure things by using WebSetup with FORCE The instructions are here. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lacerte...

You say PreFilter is stuck. Which PreFilter. Are you referring to the Filter(s) shown in the left column?

Does it possibly have something to do with your Display settings? Settings > Options > Display  with this you can add and delete from each of the Views (All, e-file Clients, e-file Center and Tax Import Clients and e-org Clients).

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Maureen945
Level 2

It definitely has to do with the display settings, but Lacerte tech can't seem to figure it out.  I guess there are other people with this problem so they opened up an investigation in hopes to solve it.  We can get into 2019 Individual now (by reinstalling), but we cannot touch the display settings, otherwise we get the Pre-Filter AND AND AND on the bottom and all the Individual Clients disappear.

George4Tacks
Level 15

I just did the FORCE install myself today. I noticed it updated the Microsoft C++ . That could possibly be part of the problem another user posted a different problem that related to this same issue. Did you try the FORCE. It did cure my white screen of death. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Maureen945
Level 2

Ugh.  Tried the force.  Didn't work for me.  I am calling them again tomorrow!  This is ridiculous.  Very expensive program and it's been 3-4 days.  They should have figured it out by now.

0 Cheers
JWolfe
Level 2

So I have fixed this error. So if your inside Lacerte press your F10 key for Technical Support Information and scroll down to see the workstation number. This will be the number referenced in the name of the opt file. Example - workstation number 002 the OPT file would be named OPT001.W9 for the tax year being 2019. This file is located inside the Option Path location also referenced in the F10 Support Information as well. Rename the Opt file by right clicking and selecting rename. Change the name of the file. Example is like this OPT001.OLD. You would just remove the ending of the file name. Once you reopen the program it will replace it. . 

Maureen945
Level 2

I looked in the Option 19 folder and the Opt files are already named:  opt001.w9 and opt002.w9 for our workstations.  Do you mean to right click and just rename them to the same name again?

Been over a week now, with no solution from Lacerte.  Is there a way I can escalate this within Lacerte?  Seems like an expensive program not to have the proper support.

0 Cheers
JWolfe
Level 2

I'm so sorry I forgot to put what to rename it to. You would right click and rename it to old. Example is like this OPT001.OLD. You would just remove the ending of the file name.  Once you reopen the program it will replace it. 

btmetzger
Level 1

Thank you so much for this fix.  This just happened to me, and I was FREAKING OUT thinking I had somehow lost my data files.

I'm going to hang onto this info in case it happens to anyone else in my office.  Too bad we don't have a fix from Lacerte/Intuit as of yet....

So glad you posted this!

0 Cheers
Jchristian
Level 1

Thank you for this fix! Worked great and would never have thought it up myself! 

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Thanks for this!

2018 Lacerte wigged out for a specific PC, allowing access to the program but showing ZERO clients. This seems to have saved the day! 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪