Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership rental losses not showing on 1040

michele
Level 7

Have rental partnership losses not showing on 1040. They have basis to take the losses. Is there something I am not marking. I did not want to mark that it was not a passive activity. Yes their income will allow for a loss so that is not a problem. I have entered their basis.This is a new client and was wondering if I missed marking something.

thanks

Michele

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Passive losses are not allowed unless there is an equal or greater amount of passive income. Look at the Form 8582.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Passive losses are not allowed unless there is an equal or greater amount of passive income. Look at the Form 8582.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
The $25,000 exception for rental real estate with active participation probably does not apply to rental income flowing from a partnership.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
michele
Level 7
I was looking at the 25,000 exception. The  husband and wife are sole owners of the properties. It looks like I would have to mark it as not a passive activity to get it to show
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Under partnership K-1s there is a box to check "Actively participated in real estate"

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
michele
Level 7
thx
0 Cheers