Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA 40 e file extension reject

Bob 1945
Level 1

I received the following reject when I attempted to e file a PA 40 extension.  I checked all input fields and they appear correct.  Also the extension passed lacerte validation.

How do I resolve?

PENNSYLVANIA Filing Rejected - This filing was rejected by the taxing agency on July 01, 2020. You need to fix errors that caused the rejection before it can be accepted by the agency. Follow these instructions for fixing the errors and you can transmit again at no additional charge.

Error Code: /ReturnState

Form: 0(00)
Field: (/ReturnState)
Occurrence: 00000(0000)

Reject: Data in the filing is missing and/or formatted incorrectly.

Reject Resolution: Review your entries in the Extensions screen under the Pennsylvania Information section. Make sure there is a check on the "Request automatic extension" if an extension is being filed and resubmit the e-file extension.

This filing was postmarked by the transmitter July 01, 2020 15:10 PM EST.

(ref. #0)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
marthasue
Level 2

Just to let you know we are having the same issue.  Wondering if you found a resolution.  At this point, we will print out hard copies and mail in, but curious if you were able to fix it in Lacerte.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
AJG CPA
Level 1

I am having the same issue with a PA extension that I tried to e-file on 2/26/21. The rejection states " make sure there is a check on the "Request automatic extension" if an extension is being filed and resubmit. The check was placed there but apparently was not being recognized.

0 Cheers