Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I over ride the Yes box being checked on Schedule E, page 1, line A, to No

jdbufkin
Level 1

I need to change the default on Schedule E, page 1, Line A from checking the Yes box for 1099's to No.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Great to have you in the community. The Schedule E automatically defaults to No. If you were to right click on the checkbox on Form Schedule E, Page 1, Part 1 box A and click on Jump to Input, it would take you to screen 18 Rental & Royalty Inc. (Sch. E) >General Information>If required to file Form(s) 1099, did you or will file all required Form(s) 1099:  1=yes, 2=no. Check to see if there is an entry in this box, if there is, Schedule E, Page 1, Part 1 box A will check off yes.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Great to have you in the community. The Schedule E automatically defaults to No. If you were to right click on the checkbox on Form Schedule E, Page 1, Part 1 box A and click on Jump to Input, it would take you to screen 18 Rental & Royalty Inc. (Sch. E) >General Information>If required to file Form(s) 1099, did you or will file all required Form(s) 1099:  1=yes, 2=no. Check to see if there is an entry in this box, if there is, Schedule E, Page 1, Part 1 box A will check off yes.

itonewbie
Level 15
In other words, you can't change the default.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
ward47anderson
Level 1
Ah, but the answer works.  It answers NO, to if 1099's are required.  That's what we wanted.  TYVM.
0 Cheers
DennyBriBri2
Level 2

Kathi,

I cannot uncheck Schedule E, Part 1, A.  I have jumped to screen 18 and entered 1, 2, and nothing, the checkbox for Yes remained checked.  What else can try to get the checkbox for No checked? 

0 Cheers