Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Paid Employees Officer

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Screens 38.2 and 38.3 are where you'd make your input.  Individuals reported on these screens will flow through to Part VII and not counted as voting members.

Individuals you enter on Screen 2 whose income should be input on Screen 38.1, on the other hand, will be counted as voting members.  If you need to override the count, you will need to enter your own number on Screen 6 on the line for "Number of voting members of governing body (1a) [O]".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
itonewbie
Level 15

Screens 38.2 and 38.3 are where you'd make your input.  Individuals reported on these screens will flow through to Part VII and not counted as voting members.

Individuals you enter on Screen 2 whose income should be input on Screen 38.1, on the other hand, will be counted as voting members.  If you need to override the count, you will need to enter your own number on Screen 6 on the line for "Number of voting members of governing body (1a) [O]".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Thank you.  Do you agree that on Part VII, a Highly Compensated Employee (I entered exactly as you described) should also not be having the OFFICER box checked, because they are not an Individual Trustee?  I see the Column C says you can not mark more than one BOX unless they are an OFFICER AND and INDIVIDUAL TRUSTEE.   
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Huh?

Make me an offer :smile:

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Me again. So frustrated!  I have a Employee paid over $100K so must be listed on Section VII of 990. However IRS says 'treat as Officer the following persons, regardless of their titles".  "Top financial officer".  This Employee is not a voting Officer.  How do I show a Highest Paid Employee an Officer, without it counting her as a Voting Member of the board?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Ah, Jeopardy again... Let me try:

What is a F.1125-E for?

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

$1,222,693.22

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
I could have given you a no vote.  The $0.22 won't get entered.  We like round clean numbers. :joy::joy:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

OK, another one...

How to make an input for and generate F.1125-E: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1857558-entering-corporate-officers-compensation

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
No, I'm looking at how to make one of the "Compensation of Five Highest Paid Employees" on Form 990, Part VII show as an Officer, without Lacerte making them a Voting Member of the board (Part I, Line 3)
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Try Screen 38
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
I have entered her as Highest paid employee on Screen 38, but that doesn't add her as an Officer.  She is a non-voting Officer and by adding to Officers in Screen 2 it's forcing her as a Voting Officer.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@abctax55 maybe able to help.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I already tried ...  by suggesting Screen 38.
I don't have time to play with to see if I could get it to work.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
@abctax55 :+1:
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I love Jeopardy - I even get some of the answers right, occasionally

What is F 990-EZ, Part IV ?

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Talking about Jeopardy, it's sad to hear that Alex Trebek had a relapse and has decided to stop his chemo.  The show won't be the same without him...
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Yes..sad.  And it hits close to home for me as I lost a dear friend just shy of three years ago to pancreatic cancer.  She lasted less than five months from initial symptoms to her death.  Surgery wasn't an option; she chose not to do chemo as it wouldn't have extended her life for any substantial time.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Sorry to hear that, Anna.  Yeah, pancreas is difficult to get to and the cancer is hard to spot/treat.  There are recently some good advances in virus therapy that could more effectively kill the cancer cells and is much milder on the body than chemo.  Hopefully, medicine will make more headway soon to help those who need it.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
I'm sorry to hear of the news, and am sure Im sounding callous, however am waiting for someone to respond to my question for the 990, please stop this thread regarding Alex Trebec, I'm in serious need of help with this return due today!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
As you have JUST now confirmed it's the F 990 you are concerned about....
Someone will wander by with the answer.
Sorry for the hijacking, but our mind reading skills are not at their best this time of year.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers