Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441 Line 4

linda14
Level 1
Why is it showing zero when there are wages of 29,000. does AGI limit this amount?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

MFJ or Single?

If MFS - do both have earned income?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Both spouses need to have earned income (with a few exceptions).

Dr-Perryman-EA
Level 2

I have the same issue. MFJ both have w-2 income. Form 2441 pulls SP and puts it on line 5, it does not pull the TP to put on line 4.  I went in to the General information area when I put the TP w2 wages there it still does not carry to line 4, how ever if I put in a dollar amount for the SP it adds that to the w2 amount for the SP. I have tried every twist and tweak I can think of and no luck..

Experts please help me figure out why 2441 Part 2 Line 4 does not put the TP w2 amount...

Thanks, Brian

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@Dr-Perryman-EA wrote:

I have the same issue. MFJ both have w-2 income. Form 2441 pulls SP and puts it on line 5, it does not pull the TP to put on line 4.  I went in to the General information area when I put the TP w2 wages there it still does not carry to line 4, how ever if I put in a dollar amount for the SP it adds that to the w2 amount for the SP. I have tried every twist and tweak I can think of and no luck..

Experts please help me figure out why 2441 Part 2 Line 4 does not put the TP w2 amount...

Thanks, Brian

Is there also a Sch C with a loss?

Dr-Perryman-EA
Level 2

No Sch C.

The 2441 line 4 for the TP earned income won't pull from the W2 or the General information area within the dependent screen area.

0 Cheers