Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message : Detail file is missing or Damaged

jimgsabbatini
Level 3

Today I tried to open clients in my Lacerte individual program and on every client I tried to open I get an error message that the   DETAIL FILE IS MISSING OR DAMAGED. This includes tax returns that I have recently completed. The detail file is not missing so I assume that somehow the file has become corrupted.

Does anybody know if Lacerte has a file  repair tool ?

They must have terrible whether wherever Technical support is located. Everytime I call I get a message that due to IN climate weather they are experiencing long wait times and then the wait maybe more than an hour.

But I know that Lacerte cares for me as a customer.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
jimgsabbatini
Level 3

I have not run CL PACK yet but I have printed all the instructions. My issue now is very slow internet in the morning. Internet crawls at a snails pace. At this time in the morning I cannot open either Lacerte or quickbook programs. In about an hour and a half, my internet starts working at full speed, I can then get into Lacerte.

My issue now I think is to try to figure out why internet is slow in the morning snail pace and then speeds up. I can use lacerte and quickbooks all day. However the next morning it groundhogs day all over again and I relive the same problem. Slow internet and not able to get into Lacerte and QB so I am thinking more of a windows problem that seems to clear up in time. If internet starts working consistently and i have the problem I will have tech support walk me through CLPack. Thank you so much for your concern. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
You can log onto lacerte, even without the internet. CLPACK is already on your computer, so it might be a good time to run it, when the internet is down. Does your provider have a data limit?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers