Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file Error

ginamarie
Level 2

Every time I try to e-file ONLY this client, I keep getting this error:

Exception occurred during EF batching client: 1010

Unable to copy database record.  DB=DATA5I19, ErrorNo=4

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

No clue... but FWIW I have a colleague with the same issue.  She sent the file to Lacerte & is waiting for a response.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
ginamarie
Level 2

Please let me know if she gets an answer. Thank you.

Tax Syth Lord
Level 2

I've reached out to support as I am having the same issue. Will post if I get any helpful info.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

My colleague was told "you should have called us, not just send the file"... Seriously ?!?!!

She ended up doing the proforma process again, then reentering all the data (fortunately, it wasn't a huge file) and everything was fine/return efiled.

PITA

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Tax Syth Lord
Level 2

So not sure if this was the best way to fix the error but it worked for me. I had the issue with individual clients, so I just copied the client to a new client number and E-filed those clients with the new client numbers and it worked. I will now go and delete the client number that was having issues.

0 Cheers
ginamarie
Level 2

Thanks for your info, I sure hope that's not the solution though because this return is HUGE! and I certainly don't want to have to redo the whole thing. Thanks

0 Cheers
ginamarie
Level 2

Hi there,

I tried that a couple different times, and it didn't help me but thanks for your help.

Gina

0 Cheers
teresa1
Level 2

I was working with Lacerte for over an hour to resolve this issue.  Finally had to do a force reinstall.  I have had this happen now 3 times this tax season.  Multiple issues with Lacerte this year.  I have been on the phone to resolve issues 5 different times and each call takes over an hour with a rep to resovle.  Really frustrating year with Lacerte this year

0 Cheers