Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail/Forms View not functioning

lmaar2
Level 1
Even in Detail input for a client, the Detail/Forms view option to split the input and forms screens is still grayed out and cannot be selected.  This keeps being touted as a great new feature, but IT DOESN'T WORK!!  What is going on?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

FYi - The answer found was that if you have not authorized the return via REP, then you can not see one view, let alone two. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1640791-need-help-setting-up-dual-monitor?jump_to...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
28 Comments 28
lmaar2
Level 1
Found the answer on a different thread-----if you are a REP user, you must have approved the REP access for the client and viewed their forms before this functionality becomes available.  Intuit, you may want to indicate this in the instructions for the function.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Was there a particular article that you were looking at that we could add this information to to make the process a little easier?
0 Cheers
Its 2019, Lacerte continues to promote this feature. I gave it a try and found the option greyed out, all of my clients have rep access as I have the complete package.  I experienced the same issue with the Intuit link, poor instructions and unable to implement properly.   
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@problemsolver2012 I think I have solved your problem. Look at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lacerte
In particular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC55ca28eAQ and  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mllesb6_ow

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

FYi - The answer found was that if you have not authorized the return via REP, then you can not see one view, let alone two. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1640791-need-help-setting-up-dual-monitor?jump_to...

0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7

I just checked, when I am in the details tab and go to View, the Details/Forms view is available. My version is 38.0103.

0 Cheers
lmaar2
Level 1
I am in a client file in the detail input, not just on the clients tab .  I opened a client file, went into their general information screen and then clicked view.  The split screen option is still grayed out.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@lmaar2 I am glad you found the other post. NO REP = NO split view.

0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
So @lmaar2   how was I supposed to know you were in the REP mode?? It makes sense because you can't view the forms without paying the REP fee unless you us all 9's in the SSN. Thanks a lot for the unhelpful vote, I really appreciate it. It makes my day.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
:+1::+1:
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Sorry, if I knew it was going to make your day, I would have marked it not helpful.  What are friends for?  :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Thanks, buddy.
0 Cheers
lmaar2
Level 1
mojocpa, getting all snarky about your answer being rated as unhelpful is petty and unprofessional.  I gave an honest assessment of the response---it wasn't helpful.  It's not an assessment of your intelligence or character for crying out loud!  I am in the version stated, in the detail input for a client, and the split screen option isn't working nor is it available to select.  I am glad when you checked yours it is working fine, but that doesn't help me at all, thus the rating of your answer being unhelpful.  Further, I didn't expect anyone to know I am a REP user and not an unlimited user, but I did expect responses to be thought through for all eventualities, i.e. not all Lacerte users are unlimited access users.  I hope you don't jump to such quick conclusions based on perceived slights with your clients.  Jeez.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
lmaar2 - You need to walk in our shoes for awhile to appreciate mojo's response.  For years, the vast majority of support provided here has been provided by users of the software, not Intuit employees.  When you have spent a large amount of hours trying to help other folks, without compensation for your time and rarely getting a thank you, but too often having your attempt at trying to help getting nicked as "not helpful" you will better understand mojo's response.  Jeez.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
@lmaar2 I can understand your response, but @IRMN is correct in that these guys spend the most time in the forum replying.  That being said the "but I did expect responses to be thought through for all eventualities," isn't always possible, as sometimes the fix or answer is catered on certain criteria like REP vs Unlimited, IE vs Firefox, version 38.0103 vs version 37.5253 etc.  Please understand everyone is trying to assist.  @mojocpa @IRMN i don't know that everyone coming through will always have the appreciation for all the hard work you do, and time spent in here, but i sure love ya'll!!! :heart: :heart_eyes:
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@lmaar2  -  "...I did expect responses to be thought through for all eventualities".
Well then you should contact support (where they HAVE to help), not expect volunteers to read your mind.  Answers can only be as good as the info provided in the question.  
Look at how many helpful answers Dave HAS provided and get off his case.
It's generally not the best idea to attack the regulars when you've just joined the party.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
lmaar2
Level 1
That's great that mojocpa has been helpful for years, but I posted an innocent question for which this person then jumped my case for supplying honest feedback.  The answer basically said "my system is working so I don't know why yours isn't."    That was not helpful, so I indicated as such.  It is not the only answer I indicated as not helpful but it was the only one from which I received a personal attack for doing what was asked----responding if the answer was helpful or not.  If you don't want honest feedback, don't ask for feedback, and if helping on the forum is a burden for mojocpa, then maybe they should consider not participating.  I did find the correct answer on this forum, for which I am appreciative, and I provided that positive feedback.  Going forward, I will call the support line.  I didn't realize sporadic users of this forum were not welcome.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"If you don't want honest feedback, don't ask for feedback"

Umm, we didn't ask for it, Intuit decided that this place needed it for the ambience.  

For the record, sporadic users are welcome here.  But as the old saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.  It really is "not helpful".

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
The forum is absolutely here for sporadic users as well as regulars, and you are very welcome here, perhaps this was just a misunderstanding.  I think mojo was looking to provide the version being used where it WAS working to confirm that was the same as yours.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
"...from which I received a personal attack"  Seriously ?  

Read a few threads on this forum before getting so testy.   It is *often* that we post what version we are on, to verify that the OP is on the same version...that the OP's software is up-to-date.  Especially this early in the season.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Mojo is pretty smooth in that regard.  Usually I just call someone an idiot or moron so they don't have to perceive.  I like to make it obvious when I am making a personal attack :smirk::smirk:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lmaar2
Level 1
Name calling in an anonymous forum intended for professionals seeking software assistance.  You are really something special.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Review IRMN posts to see if he has EVER called anyone names.  You need a sense of humor....
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"You are really something special"

Well thank you  --------------------- I really appreciate that :blush:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I it so nice to have people acknowledge your special attributes!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
My momma always said I was special.  That's why I rode the little bus to school :minibus::minibus:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

You *DO* have to be in the client file (Detail)....not on the "Clients" tab.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
lmaar2
Level 1
I was in the client file input detail, not just on the details tab.  If you have been able to follow the remainder of the thread, the issue was that I am a REP user, not an unlimited user and I had not approved the REP access or viewed the client's forms yet.  Intuit's instructions for the functionality do not mention this anywhere.
0 Cheers