Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one change what is sent via efiling to the IRS or is that something that is set by default?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
@bharris could you give an example of something you would not want sent? Are you thinking attachments (like pdf) or statements?

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
We just upgraded our computers and I wanted to make sure that we did not have to reconfigure the setting of what was sent to the IRS and states via efiling.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
No, there are no Lacerte settings you have to adjust to be able to e-file appropriately.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

The software is smart enough that you don't have to do anything special to get everything to e-file correctly.

I want to stay healthy so I am social distancing from Intuit.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
"...The software is smart enough.."
Usually :smiling_imp:
Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Nope...the software works with the IRS to determine what is/should be sent.  And they *usually* get it right (anyone else remember the elections snafu of a few years back ?)

All you can add are PDF attachments, and statements.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I agree with all the others. I would also note that Screen 47 (Individual) has a worksheet which does NOT go with the 1040 and a Statement that DOES go with the 1040. I am unsure that the Statement is every really "seen" by IRS, but at least you can say "I told you so!"

The software may be smart enough, but sometimes we aren't. Carefully review all of the diagnostic screens and use "Disable e-file error" with great caution. 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers