Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allocating ebe, lacerte 2019 screen 30

taxed2max
Level 3

Wrapping up a 1040 return and trying to reconcile K-1 capital accounts.  Have four k-1 forms.  t/p is a managing member on one of them, so want to allocate the expenses he incurs.  Enter his auto expense in depreciation screen, and direct that to go to ebe, screen 30 #2.  From there I direct the ebe to the K-1, and then offset the k-1 screen with other additions to capital (he incurs these expenses out of pocket so I reconcile to the K-1 capital account).

This is pretty vanilla stuff.  However I noticed that if I direct the ebe scr 30 input to the K-1, #2 in this case, it goes just fine when I tell it to go to partnership.  But when I direct the same data, making NO other changes, to go to the same K-1 but as  partnership/self employment, it now goes to K-1 #1 instead (where he happens to be passive, so no SE expense carries).  Which completely changes the capital accounts for both k-1s.  Switch the destination in scr 30 back to Sch E partnership and it works just fine again.  So it appears that merely changing the type of carry also changes the destination within the program.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Or am I just doing something stupid, because I am sure there is no such thing as a bug in this software (at least not this late in season).  🙂

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here