Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregating Rental Real Estate enterprises in Lacerte for QBI Deduction

COLOCPA
Level 2

Form 8995-A - Has anyone figured out how to get the box checked in column (c) Check if Aggregation?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
JoelGarfieldCPA
Level 1

I came here asking the same question -- your post was 3 weeks ago -- and no one responded.  maybe there is no answer ?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Scratch that.  OP's question has a different focus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Assuming you are referring to Rev. Proc. 2019-38, which provides a safe harbor to "treat all similar properties held for the production of rents... as a single enterprise", that is not an aggregation that is made in accordance with §1.199A-4 and is, therefore, not subject to the disclosure requirements under subsection (c) of the regulation.

Since such aggregation is not reportable on F.8995-A Sch B (pursuant to §1.199A-4(c)) and the safe harbor election is already subject to a separate set of disclosure requirement, box (c) does not need to be checked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
COLOCPA
Level 2

I found a solution using a post from Lacerte:  Lacerte Aggregation of Business Operations Section 1.199A-4.  I apologize that I do not know how to add a link to the solution....I'm too new of a user in this community.  I can't even find my original post.  I started at Product Help > Lacerte....and searched from there.

After I found the above solution, I received a 3/27/20 reply from someone in the community, but can't tell who (may have been itonewbie, but not sure).  It was an alternate solution, with slightly different results (did not generate Schedule B of Form 8995-A).  I'm assuming they both work, but am going with the one that generates Schedule B. 

0 Cheers