Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First plan is created. How do I create a second plan?

Renee Daggett
Level 1

After I create my first plan, how do I create a new one which would be a variance on the first?  I believe we can do unlimited plans for each client, but I don't know where to click to start a second plan.  

SUGGESTION: Once I do create alternative plans, it would be nice to see the plans side by side.  

Thanks! 

3 Comments 3
IntuitAlisa
Employee
Employee

Hi Renee,

If you go to Tax plans on the left (which looks like a bulleted list icon when you're in a plan) you can then select the blue Create tax plan button in the upper right.  Once you select the Client name you'll want to select the return from the Existing 1040 return with e-file status and then change the Tax plan name before choosing Start planning.

0 Cheers
ALyon
Level 3

@IntuitAlisa  What you suggested creates a new blank plan.  I would suggest an option that when you create plan #2 for the same client, you can choose to start with a blank plan or start with an existing plan. 

For example, I may do a plan with only two strategies.  Then I want to create a second plan that has those same two strategies PLUS more strategies.  

IntuitAlisa
Employee
Employee

@ALyon Thank you for your feedback!  The Intuit Tax Advisor's Idea Exchange is an effective way to share an idea.  I would suggest including this there since I was unable to find a similar suggestion.  For more information on using the Idea Exchange please see the Idea Exchange: Getting Started Guide.

0 Cheers