Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a mailing list from client database

lynda08235
Level 1

I would like to create a mailing list of clients from data base... Is there a quick solution?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
DatabaseRobert
Level 4

The easiest way (entirely within Lacerte, without using/installing any programs other than whatever you use your mailing list to generate letters/labels) is to:
 - highlight clients you want (could be F3/"all", could be "find client and 'spacebar' to select multiples);
 - Alt+menu | L(cLient) | E(xport) | Export to File;
 - choose the path & filename where you want to save;
 - select the fields to use (most of what you want will be in the Client Information, such as Client #, name--you can get individually [client, spouse] or combined [John and Jane Smith] or LNF [Smith, John and Jane]--street, city, state, zip, phone number(s), email address(es), whatever you need);
 - and then you get either a tab- or comma-separated text file, I don't recall which (you may be able to choose).

Open your program of choice, import that file, do your labels/letters merging.

I typically also include Staff Preparer (the same person signs all returns, so exporting the "Preparer" field does us no good) and also the "Current Status" (which will be the *number*, not the text, of the F4/status for each client), in case I want to do any kind of "send this email only to <this group of clients>" filtering.

Robert Kirk
LTUGtools

0 Cheers
IntuitAlisa
Employee
Employee

Spoiler
If you are looking for how to create a mailing list in ProSeries see the "How do I add the client address to the HomeBase to create a mailing list?" section of How do I use the HomeBase View in ProSeries Professional?  The "How do I export the HomeBase View?" section advises how you can save this to a file type that can be opened with Excel if needed.

0 Cheers