If you need to change the Federal Identification, Telephone, Fax Numbers, or e-mail Address:
- Open the Lacerte Tax program.
- From the Settings menu, select Options.
- Click the Firm Info tab.
- On this screen you can adjust the following items:
- Federal Identification Number,
- Telephone Number,
- Fax Number,
- E-mail - Individual module only,
If you need to edit the Firm Name or Address
- Click here to sign in to My Account.
- On the left-side menu, press Account.
- Click on Manage EFIN.
- Under EFIN Registration click on the down arrow to choose the reason that best matches your situation.
- Check the box for I have all the required documents and information to proceed to next step.
- Click Next.
- Enter your updated information in the form. This should match exactly with the IRS documentation.
- Choose the Document Type and click Browse.
- Select the EFIN Application Summary to be uploaded, then press OK.
- Check the I agree to the Terms and Conditions box.
- Click Submit.
If you don't know how to find your EFIN Application Summary, see What to submit for EFIN registration for instructions on accessing it on the IRS e-Services website.
Once the request has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation. Processing takes one to two business days and you'll receive an email notification once it's complete. Within Lacerte you will need to download a new Prep File to use the updated Firm Name or Address. See Downloading and Installing Prep Files Within the Lacerte Tax Program for details.