In Tax Year 2014 we renamed the required service components of your tax software purchase and presented them as a standalone line item on your invoice named Fast Path. This allowed us to expand access and make improvements to these services. These services now include year round e-file (during all periods the IRS and State agencies are open for e-file), expanded download from financial institutions, US based technical & product support, access to software downloads, training content, data conversion services, eSignature, Intuit Link, and Audit Assistance.
Fast Path is automatically included as part of your ProSeries annual renewal. If you do not renew, the ProSeries tax program continues to work on your desktop, just as it has in the past, however, services (E-file, support, etc.) will no longer be available. You will not be able to authorize new returns for current or prior years if you are on a pay as you go basis, but if you use the unlimited modules, returns can be printed.
Details regarding your Fast Path Services are outlined below.
Included in Fast Path Services
- E-File for current year returns
- E-File late and amended tax returns for tax years that are still open for e-filing with the IRS (current year and 2 prior years between January 1st through December 31st)
- Pay-per-return (PPR) access for the current and prior tax years (starting with your 2014 renewal)
- Live Assisted US-based Technical & Product Support
- Downloads for all tax software programs from My Account or/CD delivery
- Access to training content
- Transaction downloads from Financial Institutions (i.e. Banks, Payroll processors)
- Data conversion services
- Intuit Link
- Audit Assistance