In tax year 2014, we renamed the required service components of your tax software purchase and presented them as a standalone line item on your invoice named Fast Path.
This allowed us to expand access and make improvements to these services, including:
- Year-round e-filing (during all periods the IRS and state agencies are open for e-file)
- Expanded downloads from financial institutions
- U.S.-based technical and product support
- Access to software downloads
- Training content
- Data conversion services
- eSignature, Intuit Link, and Audit Assistance
Fast Path is automatically included as part of your ProSeries annual renewal.
If you don't renew, ProSeries will continue to work on your desktop, but you won't have access to certain services like e-filing, support, or authorizing new returns for current or prior years if you're on a pay-as-you-go basis. (If you use the unlimited modules, you may still print returns.)
We've listed all pertinent details regarding Fast Path Services below.
What's included in your Fast Path Services:
- E-file for current-year returns
- E-file late and amended tax returns for tax years that are still open for e-filing with the IRS (tax years 2020, 2019 and 2018 between January 1–December 31)
- Pay-per-return (PPR) access for the current and prior tax years
- Live U.S.-based technical and product support
- Downloads for all tax software programs from My Account or CD delivery
- Access to training content
- Transaction downloads from financial institutions (such as banks or payroll processors)
- Data conversion services
- Intuit Link
- Audit Assistance
Frequently asked questions about Fast Path Services:
Fast Path Services refers to all the services included in your annual renewal, such as e-filing. These services have always been included in your order, but we've made them visible on your renewal quote as of tax year 2014.
The services and level of support are the same, and we've even improved certain services, like e-filing, which now allows year-round and multi-year e-filing.
What is the purpose of Fast Path?
- Fast Path represents the service component of your ProSeries Tax offering and is required as part of your software license. Services include efile, access to product/technical support, and My Account (downloads, account maintenance). For a complete list of all services, refer to What's included in Fast Path Services above.
Do I have to purchase Fast Path?
- Yes, ProSeries Professional or ProSeries Basic Fast Path is required for each licensee.
- Fast Path replaces the PPR License that may have been on your invoice in prior years.
What else do I need to know about Fast Path?
- The TY20 Fast Path Service period is January 1, 2021–2021. As long as you renew by December 31 of each year, you won't experience an interruption or change in services.
What if I haven't renewed ProSeries for the TY20 by December 31, 2021?
- You'll be able to use your program to prepare and file paper returns for any unlimited modules you've purchased that have already been authorized. If you don't renew your program, you'll lose access to Fast Path services, including PPR access, e-filing capability, live support, and program updates.
Why did ProSeries separate Fast Path Services from the Tax Program?
- In the past, we delivered the tax year program that was used for e-filing from January–October, at which time we stopped supporting the tax program.
- With multi-year e-file, you can use that same Tax Program to e-file for up to 3 years.
- Based on customer feedback, we're updating our service periods to support renewed customers with the services they need.