Transferring data from EasyACCT to IRS
- The transfer from EasyACCT only works if you are on the same version in both programs.
- For example, the 2019/2020 version of EasyACCT only transfers to the 2019 version of the IRS program.
Use the Information Return System (IRS) to edit, print and file forms electronically. The program also provides forms that are not supported in EasyACCT.
To transfer data from EasyACCT to the Information Return System (IRS):
To transfer vendor information to create 1099s, vendors must be set up with IRS Code and Box selections and vendor payments entered.
To transfer employee information to create W-2s, employees must be set up with the Wage/Withholding screen completed and wages entered.
To initiate the transfer go to EasyACCT Utilities and select W-2/1099 Transfer.
In the Company ID in IRS Program field, enter a Company ID which will be used in the IRS program. NOTE: A new ID can be entered and the company will be set up automatically in the IRS program.
Browse to the path where the data is to be stored in the IRS program (i.e. C:IRS2019DATA).
Click Continue to complete the transfer.
Form 940 and 941 are transferred separately using the steps below:
- Go to Print Reports, Tax Reports and select either the 940 (or 941).
- Click Print and then Begin Printing.
- Select the Transfer button along the right hand side of the 940 (or 941) input screen.
- Enter the corresponding Company ID in the IRS program (or enter a new one).
- Type or browse to the data path in the IRS program (i.e. C:IRS2019DATA)
- Click Begin Transfer.