No one wants to deal with an audit or ID theft issues. The complexity of untangling these challenging situations can be daunting and time-consuming. Now there is an affordable solution to help your clients navigate the process with ease and confidence.
For program details including eligibility requirements see Protection Plus & ID Theft Restoration offered by Tax Protection Plus
For tax year 2020 you now have two enrollment options available:
- ProSeries only - Per return protection: Once enrolled this allows you to use Protection Plus for one or many 1040 returns, where each return you opt-in on will have a separate $44.95 fee.
- Firm-level protection: Once enrolled this will activate Protection Plus for use with all of your 1040 returns automatically for only $10 each. No additional steps will be required to activate Protection Plus before filing the return.
How to enroll your firm:
You can now enroll directly with Tax Protection Plus using the following links:
You can also enroll during the setup wizard when installing and setting up your 2020 tax software.
If you use more then one professional tax product (ProSeries, ProSeries Basic, Lacerte or ProConnect Tax) on the same Customer Account Number the Firm Level Enrollment will apply to all products you have purchased. If you have more than one professional tax product but they are under different Customer Account Numbers each product would need to be enrolled separately.
If on a per return plan how do you opt in for the taxpayer?
For ProSeries users
- Open the tax return to the Federal Information Worksheet.
- In the Protection Plus & ID Theft Restoration section check the applicable box.
- Have the taxpayer sign the User Agreement.
- File the return as normal.
For Lacerte and ProConnect Tax users
The per return option is no longer available, only the firm-level enrollment.
How do I receive invoices for Firm Level enrollment?
- Tax Protection Plus (TPP) will email invoices to the email address used during the enrollment process.
- During tax season invoices are sent every other week on Tuesday's.
- After tax season invoices are sent once a month.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe-senders list so you don't miss an invoice.
- If the billing method on the invoice is correct, no further action is required. Your account will be billed on the date shown on the invoice.
- For billing questions, email TPP at email@example.com or contact by phone at (866) 942-8348.
Getting help with Protection Plus:
To start a claim for Protection Plus or Identity Theft please see TaxProtectionPlus.com or contact directly at 866-942-8348.