For important information about using Internet Explorer, click here.
Standalone Requirements for 2015 ProSeries, ProSeries Basic, and Fixed Asset Manager
|Computer Processor||2.0 GHz or faster|
|Installed Random Access Memory|
|4 GB RAM or more 1|
|Free Hard Drive Space||4 GB or more|
|Operating System||Windows Vista Service Pack 2 2 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Windows 8/8.1 3 Windows 10 3|
|Printer||Any PCL 5E or higher compatible printer with 32 MB of printer memory 4|
|Internet Connection||High-speed Internet connection (e.g.. Fiber Optic or Cable)|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 11.0 5|
Important Information & disclaimers
Please visit Microsoft site for RAM requirements for all Windows operating systems. Microsoft will stop supporting Windows Vista on 4/11/17. Thus, ProSeries won't be supported on Windows Vista after 4/11/17. ProSeries requires a mouse and keyboard to function. ProSeries may not function correctly in all touchscreen-based interactions. Inkjet printers aren't recommended, GDI and host-based printers aren't supported, and LPT connected printers may experience slower printing speeds. Internet Explorer must be installed on all supported versions of the Windows OS but doesn't have to be the default browser.
Network System Requirements for 2015 ProSeries and Fixed Asset Manager
|File Server Computer Processor||2.0 GHz CPU as a dedicated file server 1|
|File Server Memory (RAM)||Minimum of 8GB of RAM|
|Operating System for File Server||Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Windows 8/8.1 Windows 10 Windows 2008 Server 2 Windows Server 2012 Standard 2|
|Workstation Computer Processor||2.0 GHz or faster|
|Workstation Memory (RAM)||4 GB RAM or more 3|
|Workstation Free Hard Drive Space||4 GB or more4|
|Operating System for Workstation||Windows Vista Service Pack 2 5 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Windows 8/8.1 6 Windows 10 6|
|Printer||See stand-alone system requirements|
|Network infrastructure||100Mbps+ connection environment 7|
|Internet connection||High-speed Internet connection (e.g. Fiber Optic or Cable)|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 11.0 8|
Important Information & disclaimers:
For more than 2,000 client files, 3.0 GHz or Multi-Core processors are highly recommended. For more than 2,000 client files: Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1) or Server 2012 Standard. Visit the Microsoft site for RAM requirements for all Windows operating systems. An additional 1 GB of storage space is recommended for each 2,000 client files. Microsoft will stop supporting Windows Vista on 4/11/17. Thus, ProSeries won't be supported on Windows Vista after 4/11/17. ProSeries requires a mouse and keyboard to function. ProSeries may not function correctly in all touchscreen-based interactions. Due to risk of data corruption, Wi-Fi isn't recommended. Internet Explorer must be installed on all supported versions of the Windows OS but doesn't have to be the default browser.
- Intuit ProConnect products no longer support the Microsoft Windows XP operating system. Windows XP computers will need to upgrade to a currently supported operating system.
- 64-bit version of MS Office will be incompatible with certain ProSeries features.
- We can't guarantee that ProSeries products/solutions will function properly on operating systems, software, and hardware we don't support. ProSeries Technical Support won't be able to help customers solve problems on unsupported environments in tax year 2015.
- While some Customers run ProSeries in a Windows emulation environment (i.e Virtual Machine) on the Apple MacOS (formerly Mac OS X) operating system, support for this type of install may be limited. Customers using the Apple MacOS may wish to use the ProConnect Tax instead of or in addition to ProSeries. See for more information on ProConnect Tax.
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) isn't supported due to the lack of Microsoft Windows based Operating System.
- Terminal Servers and Cloud (hosted) environments aren't supported.