Below are solutions to frequently asked questions about reporting California Form 592-B, Resident and Nonresident Withholding Tax Statement, in the Individual module of Lacerte. Refer to the Instructions for Form 592-B for more information.
Follow these steps to enter Form 592-B in the program:
- Go to Screen 55, Part Yr./Nonres. Information.
- Select California Real Estate & Other Withholding from the top left navigation panel.
- This will take you to Screen 55.012, California Withholding.
- Locate the General Information section.
- Enter a 1 in the 1=592-B, 2=593 field.
- Scroll down to the Withholding Agent section and complete any applicable fields.
- Scroll down to the Withholding (Form 592-B) section.
- Enter the Total amount subject to withholding, if applicable.
- Enter the Total CA tax withheld, if applicable.
- Enter the Total backup withholding, if applicable.
- Click Add in the left navigation panel to enter a second Form 592-B and repeat steps 3-9, if applicable.
The amounts you enter in step 8 and/or 9 will flow to Form 540, line 73 or Form 540-NR, line 83.