How to import an excel spreadsheet into the Lacerte Trial Balance utility?
- On the Tools menu, click Import/Export Data, then select Lacerte Trial Balance Utility.
- From the Trial Balance Utility (TBU) File menu, click New Company.
- Enter the Fiscal Year End, if not calendar, and select the Type of return (Company Name will auto-populate with the Lacerte Client Number).
- Click OK.
- From the Trial Balance Utility's File menu, click Import, and then select From Excel.
Select the type of return you are filing for this client. This information is used when the SmartMap database assigns Lacerte input fields to your trial balance accounts.
In the Find the File to Import field, type the location of the file you want to import Click Browse to select the location.
Click Next to continue.
5. Verify the worksheet from the imported Excel file using the Worksheet list. If you are importing a *.csv file, this defaults to Sheet 1.
5. For each column to import, select the appropriate column heading. Select <Do Not Import> for each column that should not be imported. The only column that is required to import on this page of the wizard is "Account Name".
6. Click Next to continue.