How do I batch print extensions?
In ProSeries, you may batch print extensions for your clients without individually completing the extension form for each taxpayer. When you batch print the extension, ProSeries will automatically activate the extension form for your client's file, and check the extension's "Freeze" checkbox to prevent the extension from updating when you later prepare the return.
To batch print federal or state extension forms:
- In HomeBase, select the client returns for whom you want to print extension forms. You can batch print from the All Tax Returns view or from a form view such as Form 1040: Individuals. Use the CTRL or SHIFT key to select multiple client files.
- Go to the File menu, choose Print .
- On the left side, under From HomeBase, select Batch Print Forms.
- In the Batch Print Forms dialog box, go to the Available Forms list.
- Select the forms that you want to print for the selected clients, then click Add to add the selected forms to the Selected Forms list.
Note: To remove a form from the Selected Forms list, select the form, then click Remove .
- Go to the Copies field and select the number of copies of each form that you want to print.
- Click Print.