- 90% of the tax shown on the current year tax return, or
- 100% of the tax shown on the prior year tax return (110% of that amount if you are not a farmer or fisherman and the adjusted gross income (AGI) shown on that return is more than $150,000, or, if married filing separately, more than $75,000).
If the return meets these conditions then the Form 2210 will not be produced unless forced.
To force Form 2210:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left navigation menu, select Payments,Penalties & Extensions >
- Click on the Penalties and Interest (2210) screen.
- LocateForm 2210 options (Click on arrow to select from list).
- Select 3=Force.
Individual Form 2210 Underpayment of Estimated Tax
Generating Form 2210 Annualized Income Installment Method
Generating Individual Form 2210 When not Required or Applicable
Suppress Form 2210 Underpayment Penalty Calculation