One or both of these e-file critical diagnostics are generating:
Excludable dividend items, such as nominee distributions, are not allowed for Arkansas e-file. This return must be filed as a conventional paper return. Ref #316162 or Ref #3161
Make sure you paper-file nominee distributions and excludable interest and dividends returns
If you’ve correctly entered nominee distributions or excludable interest and dividends returns, but still encounter diagnostic Ref. 3162 or 3161, you’re attempting to e-file them.
See Selecting to Paper File a Return in ProConnect Tax Online for instructions on paper filing.
Make sure you didn’t enter nominee distributions or excludable interest and dividends by mistake
Remove the incorrect entries to clear this diagnostic. Entries on three screens may be the culprit.
Screen no. 1: Interest Income (1099-INT, 1099-OID)
- Under Input Return, go to Income and select the Interest Income (1099-INT, 1099-OID) screen.
- Select Details.
- Under Adjustments to Federal Taxable Interest, remove any amount in Nominee interest and Tax-exempt interest (1099-INT in error).
Screen no. 2: Dividend Income (1099-DIV)
- Under Input Return, go to Income and select Dividend Income (1099-DIV).
- Select Details.
- Remove any amount in Nominee total ordinary dividends, Nominee qualified dividends, and Nominee capital gain distributions.
Screen no. 3: Estate or Trust Info (1041 K-1)
- Under Input Return, go to Income.
- Select Passthrough K-1’s and then Estate or Trust Info (1041 K-1).
- Select the Lines 1–8 tab.
- Under Part III - (Lines 1-8) - Beneficiary's Share of Current Year Income (Loss), remove any entries in the STATE, IF DIFFERENT column for (1) Interest income or (2b) Qualified dividends.