Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering a W-2 for a Statutory Employee


Entering a W-2 for a Statutory Employee

Follow these steps to enter a statutory employee W-2 and send the income to the Schedule C:

  1. Go to the Input Return tab.
  2. On the left-side menu, select Income.
  3. Click on Business Income (Sch C).
  4. Enter the Principal business or profession.
  5. Select the Principal business code from the drop-down list.
  6. On the left-side menu, select Expenses.
  7. Enter any expenses applicable to the business.
  8. On the left-side menu, select Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2).
  9. Enter the wages and withholdings as reported on the W-2.
  10. Scroll down to the Box 13 subsection.
  11. Check the Statutory employee box.
  12. Select the Schedule C name or number from the drop-down list.

Note: Any entry in W-2 earnings as statutory employee [Override] on the Schedule C screen will override the amount carried from the statutory employee W-2.

Additional information on the Schedule SE:

ProConnect Tax Online will not generate the Schedule SE for any Schedule C which is linked to a W-2. According to the Schedule C instructions, if you receive a statutory employee W-2 and there is additional Schedule C income, you must file two separate Schedule C's; one to show the W-2 with related expenses, and another to report the self-employed income and expenses. See the Schedule C Instructions for additional information.

Related Topics

Schedule C-EZ not Generating How do I indicate a single member LLC Schedule C in ProConnect Tax Online? Force Schedule SE To Show Taxpayer Not Being Subject to Paying Self-Employment Tax

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Labels (1)