Follow these steps to enter a statutory employee W-2 and send the income to the Schedule C:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select Income.
- Click on Business Income (Sch C).
- Enter the Principal business or profession.
- Select the Principal business code from the drop-down list.
- On the left-side menu, select Expenses.
- Enter any expenses applicable to the business.
- On the left-side menu, select Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2).
- Enter the wages and withholdings as reported on the W-2.
- Scroll down to the Box 13 subsection.
- Check the Statutory employee box.
- Select the Schedule C name or number from the drop-down list.
Note: Any entry in W-2 earnings as statutory employee [Override] on the Schedule C screen will override the amount carried from the statutory employee W-2.
Additional information on the Schedule SE:
ProConnect Tax Online will not generate the Schedule SE for any Schedule C which is linked to a W-2. According to the Schedule C instructions, if you receive a statutory employee W-2 and there is additional Schedule C income, you must file two separate Schedule C's; one to show the W-2 with related expenses, and another to report the self-employed income and expenses. See the Schedule C Instructions for additional information.