These are several different repair tools that we offer for our Lacerte and ProSeries tax software products. Two of these tools are the PDF Repair tool and then Component Repair tool. For a list of what each of these tools does, please review the content listed under each tool's heading. If you are using a different web browser, you will not be able to follow these directions exactly.
It is highly recommended you have your IT specialist run this tool for you. The Component Repair tool is not designed to fix any issue with printers or printing.
What the Component Repair tool does for you:
- Ends ProSeries/Lacerte background processes.
- Ends MSIEXEC process and re-registers it.
- Un-registers and re-registers MSXML4 and MSXML6 dlls.
- Installs MSXML 4.0 SP3.
- Stops/starts Windows Installer service.
- Repairs C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 (ProSeries only)
- Repairs Java Runtime (Lacerte only).
- Repairs Entitlement Client (ProSeries only).
- Repairs .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5.1.
- Runs .NET Checker where you can manually verify the .NET installations.
The Lacerte PDF Repair tool should correct PDF printing issues in any tax year after 2002. The ProSeries PDF Repair tool is primarily for tax year 2006-2010, and only repairs the Client Checklist function in 2011 and 2012.
Steps to Run the PDF Tool:
Download the PDF Repair Utility
- Select the tool for the program you are having trouble printing from:
- You will be asked to Run, Save, or Cancel.
- Select the arrow on the Save button.
- Select Save As from the menu that appears.
- Select Desktop.
- Click the Save button.
- Locate the tool on your desktop:
- Right-click on it.
- Select Run as administrator.
- If you do not run the tool as administrator, it may not be able to resolve the issue.
- If this option is missing, select Open.
- Select OK, Run, Yes, or Allow depending on what the windows say.
- Press any key to continue.
- Re-open the Lacerte or ProSeries software, and verify that it is working.
Run the PDF Repair Utility from the Lacerte Program
- While in the Lacerte program, press the F10 key or go to the Help menu and select Troubleshoot.
- On the Technical Support Information window, click the PDF Repair icon. (Second button from the right)
- Click Yes to close the program and PDF Repair Utility will automatically start.