I need to locate the Document Management System (DMS) database but I'm not sure where it is located.
If you have DMS installed on a machine that is able to view the database, you can find the database path from within the program.
Follow these steps to locate the database path from within the program:
- Open Document Management System.
- In the bottom middle of the screen, find where it says Current Database Path: and note the path listed.
- If DMS does not open to a database, or it opens to the wrong one, follow the steps below. Otherwise, continue to Step 4.
- The bottom of the Database menu should contain the last several databases accessed. Start from the top and try accessing each database to determine which one is correct.
- Go to File.
- Select Database.
- Close DMS once the database path has been noted.
If you are unable to find the correct database path this way, you can try searching for DATA01A.dat, a file associated with all DMS databases.