Network installation for the Information Return System
First, install EasyACCT on the Server:
- Insert the EasyACCT CD. The installation should begin automatically, if it does not:
- Go to Start and select Run.
- Type D:SETUP.EXE (where D: is the CD-ROM drive)
- Click OK
- At the Product Installation menu, select the Information Return System.
- Next, choose Install on a Stand Alone PC
- Select the C: drive.
During the installation of the program to the server, the workstation program setup files are copied to a network drive under IRS20XX, then Network. The installation file's name is Setup.exe.
Next, install each workstation on the network (must have access tot the server):
- On the workstation, press the Windows Key + R on the keyboard, OR go to the Start menu and Run (on Windows 7 this is the Search programs and files box)
- Type the path to the exact folder location on the server where the setup file was saved (FOR EXAMPLE, X:IRS2016NetworkSetup.exe)
- Select Install Network
- When prompted to select the desired program options to install, choose the Network Setup Utility along with any other modules (if you selected "Install Network", this utility is automatically selected)
After completion, the program will now be installed to this workstation. Repeat the process on each workstation that will be using EasyACCT.
- Install the updates to the server. Once the server has been updated, close and re-open the Information System on each workstation for the updates to be applied.
- Check the Shared Download Path to ensure current updating.
Share Information Return System Data Files:
- Go to System, then System Characteristics and select the Drive/Directory used for Data Storage
- Type in the path to the data or select it from the drop down.
- Default data path is: x:IRS20XXDATA