This article applies to ProSeries Professional and ProSeries Basic 1040
Generally information from Form 1099-DIV is entered on Schedule B, Part II.
- Press F6 to open the Forms menu
- Type "B" to quickly highlight the Schedule B. Press enter
- Scroll to Part II of the Dividend Income Smart Worksheet
- Box 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, and 3 are entered on the Dividend Income Smart Worksheet.
- Additional information pertaining the the dividend, will be entered on the Dividend Income Worksheet for the payer. To access the Dividend Income Worksheet, double-click the Payer Name field within the Dividend Income Smart Worksheet.
Important! Form 1099-DIV box 5, "Section 199A dividends", will be reported on the Dividend Income Worksheet (step 5 above) in the Additional 1099-DIV Information section, line 3. Entries on line 3 will flow to the QBI Deduction Simplified Worksheet line 5.