Action Required! Make sure your IRS EFIN Application is Current
Compliance changes are coming that will require tighter adherence to how your ERO information appears in your Intuit tax program. The IRS asks practitioners to ensure their e-filing Application is up-to date. In order to ensure you do not experience any interruption or delays in your ability to efile please take the actions below.
Access IRS e-Services
To confirm your access to IRS e-Services, please review the following information on the IRS site:
EFIN Application Needs to be Current
Intuit Firm Information Must Match the IRS EFIN Application
Open your tax software and compare the business name and address within the options to what you have verified on the EFIN application Summary. Also, verify your EFIN is correct.
If the information in your software does not match, follow the process outlined in EFIN Facts: Providing EFIN Verification to Intuit Prior to e-Filing
Refer to the steps below to confirm this information in your software:
- Sign in to Lacerte.
- Select the Settings menu and choose Options.
- Within the pop up window click the Firm Info tab.
- Sign in to ProSeries.
- Select the Tools menu and choose Options.
- Select Firm/Preparer Info on the left panel.
ProConnect Tax Online (PTO)
- Sign in to PTO.
- Click Settings in the lower-left corner.
- Choose Firm Information.
- In the Edit Firm Information window, make applicable changes and click Save.
Steps to Submit Changes to your Tax Program's Firm Information:
ProSeries and Lacerte:
Provide your EFIN Application Summary using the form provided on My Account. The steps to submit your documentation are:
Sign into My Account.
Once on the Dashboard, select Account and then Account Details.
Under Tax Prep Credentials select the Submit EFIN link.
Enter your information on the form.
Select the file to be uploaded showing your EFIN Application Summary.
Agree to the terms and conditions shown at the bottom of the form.
ProConnect Tax Online (PTO):
Begin by going here: Submit My EFIN for Tax Online
- Enter your information on the form.
- Click Choose File to attach your document.
- Select the file to be uploaded showing your EFIN Application Summary.
- Check the box: To agree to the terms and conditions shown at the bottom of the form.
- Click Submit.
Note: For ProConnect Tax Online (PTO) users, click here for information on finding your CAN.